Sleep DownUnder 2018 – meeting highlights
Highlights from the Sleep Down Under 2018 meeting in Brisbane. Topics highlighted are narcolepsy, insomnia, sleep health, obstructive sleep apnea and the effects of caffeine on sleep.
Leave a review and subscribe via iTunes
00:00 – 01:30 Caffeine and sleep
- 01:30 – 03:26 Narcolepsy
- 03:26 – 06:29 Insomnia
- 06:29 – 08:39 Sleep health
- 08:39 – 10:12 Obstructive sleep apnea
- 10:12 – 11:02 Subscribe to Sleep Talk podcast and attend Sleep DownUnder 2019
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Sleep DownUnder meeting – Brisbane October 2018
- Recent paper on T-cells in narcolepsy
- CBTi Coach
- Shuti program
- Using polysomnographic measures to physiologically phenotype obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep Talk podcast on iTunes
- Sleep Talk app on iOS
- Sleep DownUnder 2019, Oct 17-19 Sydney
Dr David Cunnington is a sleep physician and director of Melbourne Sleep Disorders Centre, and co-founder and contributor to SleepHub. David trained in sleep medicine both in Australia and in the United States, at Harvard Medical School, and is certified as both an International Sleep Medicine Specialist and International Behavioural Sleep Medicine Specialist. David’s clinical practice covers all areas of sleep medicine and he is actively involved in training health professionals in sleep. David is a regular media commentator on sleep, both in traditional media and social media. David’s recent research has been in the area of non-drug, psychologically-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness in managing insomnia, restless legs syndrome and other sleep disorders.
Need more information about how you can sleep better?
At Sleephub we understand the struggle people endure with sleeping problems which is why we have created a comprehensive FAQs page with information for those seeking information about sleep disorders and potential solutions.